[linux-audio-user] ANN: Bristol 0.9.4

Nick Copeland nickycopeland at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 19 10:27:47 EDT 2006

Bristol does a rather lightweight check for the presence of Jack - I did say
it was the first release. Version 0.9.4-1 wants the header files in
/usr/local/include/jack, the default location, and if they are not found
there then compilation takes place without jack support. This will change in
a present upload, using jack.pc instead to find the true location.

You can 'resolve' this by doing the following:

# mkdir /usr/local/include/jack
# cd <bristol>/src
# ./build clean
# ./build

When the directory is there the compilation will continue, and I assume that
the header files will be present in some other more defualt location (such
as /usr/include?). This may also fail if you have installed the Jack header
files in some other location completely - you can hack the build scripts or
send me an email, or wait for the present 0.9.4-X that will be uploaded
soon.

Regards,
Nick.