[linux-audio-user] ANN: mjoo 0.0.4 released

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Wed Apr 19 16:45:45 EDT 2006

On Wednesday 19 April 2006 19:05, Nigel Henry wrote:
> On Wednesday 29 March 2006 01:39, Leonard "paniq" Ritter wrote:
> > mjoo
>
> Hi. Leonard. Is there any other place apart from sourceforge, the I can
> download this from? Konqueror accessing sourceforge is a dead loss.
> Constantly stuck in some loop with 100% CPU. Firefox took ages loading up
> all sourceforges adds, then said the project didn't exist with this URL.
> 'http://sourceforge.net/projects/mjoo'.
>
> I'd like to try the install, as someone just said they had a problem
> installing.
>
> Nigel.

Update. Ok. I've eventually managed to DL Mjoo 0.0.5 from sourceforge,
admittadly using Firefox, as sourceforge doesn't want to know Konqueror any
more. This is not a dig at Mjoo, just a sourceforge problem.

Question. The README is a bit confusing. Everything is shown to be run as user
"$". Normally "Make" is run as user, and "Make install" as root.

Then it says. Don't install at this moment, but build libmjoo first. Then.
$ scons   (is this as root or user?)

Then you can run mjoo:

$ ./python mjoo.py       (presumably as user)

I'm confused. I've just installed scons on FC4, so what is the procedure for
installing Mjoo, so that I as a user can use it. I do not not want to be
running the machine as root, like logged in as root.

Not complaining but just trying to install. Nigel.