[linux-audio-user] ANN: Bristol 0.9.4

Thomas Kuther gimpel at sonnenkinder.org
Thu Apr 20 07:10:58 EDT 2006

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 06:54:19 -0400
Dave Phillips <dlphillips at woh.rr.com> wrote:

> Thomas Kuther wrote:
>
> >Hmm just tried 0.9.4-1.src.041906 compiled as you explained above,
> >but i don't seem to be able to get it to use jack.
> >i did:
> >$ startBristol -b3 -jack &
> >or -audio jack
> >
> >but it starts using alsa.
> >Any hints? :)
> >

> I simply linked the directory at /usr/include/jack to
> /usr/local/include/jack and Bristol compiled okay with JACK support.
> When I start the synth I get entries in QJackCtl for audio and MIDI
> connections. The synth works okay, crashes a lot though. Nick, I'll
> try to get a verbose report to you within a day or so.
>
> Thomas, try the link, see if that makes a difference when you compile.
>
> Best,
>
> dp

Thanks Dave!

Nick sent over a new build script and Makefile which made it work too.
The rhodes works pretty stable here.. currently playing with it as midi
synth in MusE + hydrogen for drums and i already love it.
Only little harm I see so far is that it's very silent, compared to
hydrogen's drums with default volume, but that's not a big problem.
And at least the rhodes didn't crash in the last half an hour since i
use it.

Will test the other synths too, especially the B3 and Pro52 and
report about problems if they occur.

Btw a gentoo ebuild for the new version including jack support can be
found in Frieder's overlay recently mentioned here on the list.

Regards,
Tom