[linux-audio-user] How to properly apply effects in Ardour

Carotinho carotinobg at yahoo.it
Wed Apr 19 19:13:31 EDT 2006

Hi all!

I'd like to know, how would you do in a situation like this: I have to put an
effect on a track in Ardour, but only in a certain point, not affecting the
whole extension of the track. What do you do to obtain this? Edit the track
with an external software? Doubling the track? Routing a track to a
purposely-created bus, and muting it where it's not needed? I suspect the
later is the best way, am I right?

Thansk!

Carotinho