[linux-audio-user] Ardour sound output problems

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Thu Apr 20 09:19:28 EDT 2006

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 13:43:23 +0100
tim hall <tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk> wrote:

> > Which plugins are you using in the session?
>
> I use TAP plugins and SC4 a lot. :|

A datapoint here - I've been running into a lot of plugin/denormal issues
on some sessions I've been working on.  I'll run a playback, and when I
hit stop, the system load would end up at 90-95%, and dropped to about 15%
when I hit play again.

I traced it to some EQ plugins, one from the swh collection that's part
of the Planet CCRMA distribution and another (3 band parametric) from the
TAP collection.  When I substituted a different (and less flexible) EQs,
the problem went away.

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com