[linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [ANN] No More Specimen

Eric Dantan Rzewnicki eric at zhevny.com
Thu Apr 20 13:25:54 EDT 2006

Paul Winkler wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 05:19:30PM +0100, Jonny Stutters wrote:
>>I've uploaded a copy of specimen-0.4.5.tar.gz (the most recent on my
>>disk) to:
>>http://jeremah.co.uk/downloads/linux/specimen/specimen-0.4.5.tar.gz
>>I'm happy to host for the foreseeable future.  If anyone's got a more
>>recent copy let me know and I'll get that up as well.
> Great!
> I found a copy of 0.5.1 on my drive. Email me privately if you want it.

umm ... the download just worked for me ...

That said, I agreed a while back to maintain the project after Pete

announced his own death and the accompanying death of specimen. While

Pete resurfaced as a zombie and promptly went over to the dark side, I

have not yet found time to resurrect specimen (mainly due to my job and

preparations for LAC06).

I fully intend to have a new home for specimen shortly after the

conference. In the meantime, there is a copy of 0.5.1 available here:

http://zhevny.com/specimen/files/

tarball, rpm and src rpm are there.

I will maintain this location as the home of specimen files, so

feel free to point the ebuilds there.

My sincere apologies for not taking steps sooner.

-Eric Rz.