[linux-audio-user] High channel (>8), pro-quality sound card recommendations?

Rick Wright riwright at vt.edu
Thu Apr 20 14:43:28 EDT 2006

Hi All,

I'm looking for recommendations for a high-quality desktop sound card
that has more than 8 analog inputs and outputs.  I plan to use this for
real-time I/O processing of audio signals with JACK, BruteFIR, and other
audio apps. so it has to be well supported in Linux.  I need ~10
independent (and externally accessible) analog I/O channels right now,
but would like a solution that gives me room to grow.

I've heard recommendations for Hammerfall products on this list before
as well as syncing multiple ICE1712 cards following instructions here:
http://www.sound-man.co.uk/linuxaudio/ice1712multi.html

However, I still wanted to ask everyone on this list if there was a
clean, works OOTB with what I want to do, internal desktop solution out
there.  If not, then I'm looking for the next path of least resistance.
If further info about my application is needed to properly identify a
card, please ask!

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Rick