[linux-audio-user] Digigram VX Pocket firmware help please

Asbjørn Sæbø asbjs at stud.ntnu.no
Fri Apr 21 05:04:56 EDT 2006

On Fri, Apr 21, 2006 at 12:03:19AM +1200, Hamish Low wrote:
> Hi,
> I recently bought a VX Pocket V2.  Great soundcard (on windows) and
> finally one with linux drivers for my laptop (which will be great when
> it works)

As you know, I have been having problems with this card too.  I am
hoping to persuade someone to have a look at it at LAC in Karlsruhe next
week.  Hopefully, something will come out of that.

> I've been trying various interpretations of the instructions on the ALSA
> page.
> http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-php/template.php?company=Digigram&card=VXpocket+440.&chip=Motorola+DSP&module=vxpocket
> <http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-php/template.php?company=Digigram&card=VXpocket+440.&chip=Motorola+DSP&module=vxpocket>
> but still no luck.  I'm relatively new to linux and it's been a
> crash-course getting this far.

I pity you.  I have been using Linux since 1995, and still find getting
this soundcard to work difficult.

> But I'm stuck and need some help.  I
> think maybe the instructions make assumptions about linux knowledge that
> I don't have - like how do I turn on module support?

That should already be turned on by default.

> I'm using Demudi - a 2.6 kernel - I've installed the firmware through
> synaptic

DeMuDi is Debian-based.  And Debian does not ship proprietary firmware.
Did you get the firmware from elsewhere?

Asbjørn