[linux-audio-user] VST plugins on x86_64

carmen ix at replic.net
Fri Apr 21 05:11:01 EDT 2006

On Fri Apr 21, 2006 at 10:41:17AM +0200, Marko Srebre wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is it possible at all to run VST plugins (vith fst or dssi-vst) on amd64?
> I have failed to compile both fst and dssi-vst (problems linking 32bit and
> 64 libraries). Can someone confirm a working VST plugin on amd64?

most of them. the main annoyance is the inability to run win32 VST plugins in a 64bit LADSPA host or JACK client. you will have to fiddle with libasound's jack:plug, or run a pair of jackd's (32 and 64) and link them via netjack. its an integration issue...fst compiled out of the box though (with -m32)

> I just joined the list so let me also say a big hello to everyone - it's
> great to be a part of such a great thing as is linux as an audio platform.
> I hope I can soon contribute some music made with OSS.

welcome.. am i the only one who hates this OSS/OSS confusion?