[linux-audio-user] VST plugins on x86_64

Jerome Tuncer columbiatwo at free.fr
Fri Apr 21 07:14:37 EDT 2006

Hi,

I think the confusion is about:

- Making music with Open Sound System (http://www.opensound.com/oss.html)

- Making music with Open source Software
(http://www.gnu.org/licenses/licenses.html or other licenses that
provide openness)

They do look like the same when referred to as OSS but in reality,
they're not. Open sound System is _NOT_ free software
(http://www.4front-tech.com/license.html) as defined by any of the Gnu
licenses (which can be taken as good examples)... OSS/Free on the other
hand (the one version included in linux kernels) is.

Carmen: I think this is confusing as well (-;

++

Jé