[linux-audio-user] Doing Drums

Esben Stien b0ef at esben-stien.name
Fri Apr 21 19:06:09 EDT 2006

Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey at boosthardware.com> writes:

> Ardour, jack-rack, rosegarden, om

These are not interface to the hydrogen core.

> I was imagining you wanted to use the Hydrogen engine from other GUI

Well, would be nice with an OSC non-interactive client

> thought you were suggesting he create a brand new daemon

No, just separate the current one from the GUI

> the sound formats he wants

Sure, I was just throwing in a one liner;).

> if you are going to use Hydrogen engine in another GUI app

That's not my main concern. I just want to be able to use the core
functionality without using the GUI, then fire up a GUI if I need one.

> (it) already supports midi so [..] why [..] need [..] a daemon?

hydroface --load as_it_is.h2 or send an OSC message from SC.

> planning to build an embedded Linux Drum Sequencer

No.

--
Esben Stien is b0ef at e     s      a
         http://www. s     t    n m