[linux-audio-user] Ubuntu & pre-emptive kernel

infosuffer infosuffer at gmail.com
Sun Apr 23 08:22:18 EDT 2006

im just geussing here but i believe they are talking about the
pre-emptive build option in the 2.6 series of kernels. maybe someone
else can elaborate a little more if needed, but basically its not the
type of pre-emption that will enhance you audio latency all that much.

i recently rebuilt my kernel on gentoo to include this option and
although it does now allow me to run jack with the realtime option
enabled it does not seem to lower my latency by much at all, if any.