[linux-audio-user] Novation Speedio

Peter Clarke pgclarke at beeb.net
Mon Apr 24 08:46:59 EDT 2006

Dear all,
Just want to bring this issue back before the list again.
Has anyone successfully used the Novation Speedio (a USB
audio/MIDI interface) with Linux?  The MIDI side of mine
works fine, but the audio (both input and output) sounds
weird, like it's underwater, and the music plays too slowly
and at a low pitch.  I'm running Gentoo, 2.6.13 kernel,
ALSA 1.0.8, JACK 0.99.0-r1.  I have a cheap CM8738
soundcard that works great with this setup.  The Speedio
hardware works fine in Windows.

If not, then I think it's time for me to raid the piggy bank
and buy an audio interface that *does* work with Linux.

Peter C