[linux-audio-user] Audio Kanotix

Renato Fabbri renatoftato at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 30 17:45:52 EDT 2006

Hardware: P4 3.6 HT, 1G Ram, M-audio Delta 66. It is a
Dell computer, a GX280.

Problems:

1- Kmenu->Control Center->Sound & Multimedia->Sound
System

There is a jack option there, but, when I start it, I
see a window:

"Sound server informational message:
Error while initializing the sound driver:
Couldn´t connect to jackd
The sound server will continue using the null output
device"

Alsa starts ok.

2-Making a /home/ref/jack-audio-connection-kit and
./configure builds with no alsa support and with oss
support. (with alsa loaded or oss turned loaded)

3-When Pd 0.38.4-extended is installed, the pd command
issues:
"pd: error while loading shared libraries:
libjack0.80.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No
such file or directory

4- There is no "alsa" or "alsasound" file to do the
usual:
..path/alsa stop
..path/alsa start
(commonly at /etc/rc.d/init.d/alsa)
There is, though, a /etc/init.d/alsa that accepts
"unload, reload, resolve" commands.

5- While borwsing menus like Kmenu, we hear sound
hickups.