[linux-audio-user] Two soundcards with JACK

Johan Mattsson mayouan at isonews2.com
Tue Aug 1 18:17:42 EDT 2006

Hi,

I want to use JACK with two soundcards simultaneously, there is no need
to sync them so I thought it might be possible. I copied the example
multi .asoundrc from the ALSA documentation and started JACK. It seems
to work; all ports show up but when I connect anything JACK exits
immediately with some thing like: "Driver NT could not run drive cycle
jack main caught signal 12".

Since I do not have internet connection i my studio it is a little
complicated to provide more info, but there are two soundcards one
Vortex something that uses au8820 and one Cirrus something card.

Any idea what causes this?

Thanks

Johan