[linux-audio-user] Music: Ringheims Auto - "Kanskje No"

Johannes Mario Ringheim jri at broadpark.no
Tue Aug 1 19:47:27 EDT 2006

james at dis-dot-dat.net wrote:
> The bit I was thinking of was this:
> http://dis-dot-dat.net/kanskjeno_clip.ogg
>
> Although listening again, I think it's just that the beat is timed
> really nicely with the scratches, not actually scratched.

Oh....They are in fact scratched. It's a "two copy routine", looping a
part of a record live with two turntables and two copies of that record
(Grandmaster Flash does this a lot). Mine is faked, though, since I
didn't have two copies, so I did one take at a time with the same record.
After that the loop is highpassed so that just the hihat remains for the
rest of the song. This was quite tricky eq'ing to get to sound right,
but I think it should be OK now...

> Lovely turntabling, on the other bits, BTW.  I don't have the spare
> cash for anything non-virtual, so I feel a bit jelous of people who
> have any physical input to things.  I suppose I have my guitar, but
> I'm a terrible guitarist... :)

Don't know about that...but I can tell you I did quite a few takes of
the scratches before I got them right ;)

--
Ringheims Auto - Fri musikk for bilstereo!
http://ringheimsauto.friwebteknologi.org