[linux-audio-user] Re: Advice on desktop/platform

Arnold Krille arnold.krille at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 05:16:34 EDT 2006

2006/8/2, Lee Revell <rlrevell at joe-job.com>:
> The belief that stripping down your desktop will improve realtime audio
> performance is a holdover from the bad old 2.4/early 2.6 days.

But stripping down your workplace to focus on music exclusivly can
enhance your musical productivity.

On the other hand a round of patience every now and then can do the
same thing...

I am running a full KDE will making music (10ms latency with an
sblive), unless I want to use two screens without quiting kde, then I
run a second xserver with fluxbox. :-)

So long,

Arnold

--