[linux-audio-user] Re: Two soundcards with JACK

Johan Mattsson mayouan at isonews2.com
Sat Aug 5 17:13:49 EDT 2006

torbenh at gmx.de wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 02, 2006 at 11:40:16AM -0700, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
>> On Wed, 2006-08-02 at 20:01 +0200, Johan Mattsson wrote:

[ ... ]

>> Is jacknet netjack?
>
> yes. and the program name is alsa_out or alsa_in
> if you are not satisfied with the latency of alsa_[in|out] then
> get back at me, and i explain, how to improve the latency.
>
> alsa_[in|out] are the best solutions currently available to your
> problem.
>
> we are talking sub ms here.

Amazing! It works, I did not knew this was possible.

My complaint however is the performance -- when netjack registers a
client causes it uncountable xruns. Even if I do not do anything with it
is nearly 100% of my 800 Mhz cpu used by alsa_out.

I guess I could use this and simply remove all compensation calculations
but this is not what I in the first place want to. Is it possible to run
this on my limited hard ware?

Johan