[linux-audio-user] realtime problems

bubar bubar at numericable.fr
Mon Aug 7 04:53:54 EDT 2006

Le lundi 7 août 2006 10:24, Atte André Jensen a écrit :
> jackstart: cannot get realtime capabilities,

here is mine :

CONFIG_PREEMPT_NONE is not set
CONFIG_PREEMPT_VOLUNTARY is not set
CONFIG_PREEMPT_DESKTOP is not set
CONFIG_PREEMPT_RT=y
CONFIG_PREEMPT=y
CONFIG_PREEMPT_SOFTIRQS=y
CONFIG_PREEMPT_HARDIRQS=y
CONFIG_PREEMPT_BKL=y

with 1000hz clock and others things ;)

so i thing it is not your kernel, but your security configuration.
i dont know well about ubuntu : on my rpm' distro, we are using PAM latest
version. (pre-config for audio).
It is possible you must specify what group can have access to realtime
capabilities, something like :
/etc/security.limits.conf

@audio - rtprio 99
 @audio - nice -19
 @audio - memlock 500000

(Off course, yours users must be in audio group -verify the gid on your
distro, here 81...) Additionnaly, you could simply use a user name.
@ for group
- 'wildcard' for all (you could write hard or soft only)
and specific vocabulary things for rtptio, nice and memlock stuff.

too, i had adjusted IRQ for my soundcards ;)

(other things in you mail seems good, no ?)

regards
yvan