[linux-audio-user] HDSP MADI and MIDI

Benjamin Fabricius benjamin.fabricius at lawo.de
Mon Aug 7 07:15:13 EDT 2006

Hi,

i have a rme hdsp madi card running and was wondering if i could make
use of the midi ports in it to gain control to some functions.

qjackctl does not shows my audio ports and not my midi ports when jack
is running. is this normal? i would have expected to see my raw midi
ports in the connections window....

my card is running fine otherwise...

heres some output:

vst:/mnt/testsuite # cat /proc/asound/cards
0 [default        ]: HDSPM - HDSPM MADI
                     RME HDSPM MADI at 0xd0200000, irq 11

vst:/mnt/testsuite # cat /proc/asound/devices
  4: [0- 0]: hardware dependent
  9: [0- 1]: raw midi
  8: [0- 0]: raw midi
 16: [0- 0]: digital audio playback
 24: [0- 0]: digital audio capture
  0: [0- 0]: ctl
  1:       : sequencer
 33:       : timer

vst:/mnt/testsuite # amidi -l
Device    Name
hw:0,0     MIDI 1
hw:0,1     MIDI 2

!!!!!BUT: aconnect does not show any writable or readable midi sources
vst:/mnt/testsuite # aconnect -i -o
client 0: 'System' [type=kernel]
    0 'Timer           '
    1 'Announce        '

could this be a driver problem or am i missing something here? i've
never worked with midi under linux so any help would be greatly
apreciated.

thanks and cheers,
Benjamin