[linux-audio-user] problem with new machine: update

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Mon Aug 7 15:05:52 EDT 2006

ken dawson chia wu wrote:

>On Sat, Jul 29, 2006 at 07:00:24PM -0400, Dave Phillips wrote:
>

>>Greetings:
>>
>>  My brother brought his meter, checked out the PSU. It's dead as dead,
>>which is actually good news. I'll get a new one, try again.
>>
>>  Thanks again to everyone helping out. :)
>>
>>Best,
>>
>>dp
>>

>Hi,
>
>So far as I can tell, this is the last we heard from Dave regarding his
>system travails.  As one who is following this thread with extreme
>interest, I wonder how things are going.
>
>I'm pulling for ya, Dave.

Hi Ken:

  The saga continues. After reading some later messages re: this thread,
I decided to take the system in to a local repair shop. The PSU is fine,
my brother wasn't testing it properly (he wasn't sure about it at the
time). Alas, the mobo is a deader. I just saw the fellow who supplied
the board, he doesn't have another one so he simply paid me back in cash
(very nice of him). Now I'm back to getting a new motherboard. <sigh>

  I plan to purchase a combo with the CPU installed. My RAM and video
card are okay, but the repairman wasn't sure about the CPU (he didn't
have a socket 939 mobo for testing). I'm going to make sure about the
new board and its processor.

  The saga continues... :)

Best,

dp