[linux-audio-user] Re: Bass V-amp vs V-amp

Loki Davison loki.davison at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 19:33:35 EDT 2006

On 8/9/06, Lee Revell <rlrevell at joe-job.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-08-09 at 09:11 +1000, Loki Davison wrote:
> > I'm currently playing my bass through my v-amp but i find it a little
> > lacking in vibe. I'm wondering how much different the bass v-amp
> > sounds for bass compared to the guitar v-amp. Is it worth while
> > getting one? Has anyone played a bass through both? I really don't
> > have room in my place for a decent sized practice amp, so either it's
> > buy an amp and move apartments, buy a bass v-amp or live with what i
> > have. I mostly listen through headphones anyway... it keeps my gf
> > happier. So should i go for a bass v-amp?
>
> Can't you listen before buying?
>
> Lee

yeah.... ;) I was first trying to gain some ideas from the all wise
and knowing crew here. It's mostly is the bass v-amp a decent option
compared to an real bass amp given that would involve finding another
apartment ;) I'm scared listening to many bass amps in case i really
like one. I was also pretty sure someone on lau/lad has both... bass
v-amp and normal.

Loki