[linux-audio-user] Tango Improvisation with some midi synths.

Folderol folderol at ukfsn.org
Thu Aug 10 17:19:13 EDT 2006

On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 17:07:54 -0300
Juan Marcelo Rodríguez <juan at nixbox.com.ar> wrote:

> Hello people,
>     Here is an improvisation mine of the Tango called "Sur". This
> version is free, and isn't tango at all in the concept of the
> interpretation.  However, it's a kind of new project I'm going to
> perform.
>
> I recorded four synth lines, without modify them after their first
> recording, so there are some mistakes... But I want to hear opinions
> about it. Tango, if you don't know, it's a very popular and well
> performed music in Argentina.
>
> The song was made with free vst plugins recorded with Ardour 1, using
> qjackctl, and fst. Four stereo tracks, in Slackware 10.2/Current with
> - -rt kernel 2.6.16 and Fluxbox. I just modified the volume and added
> little stereo tricks, not more.
>
> Enjoy or don't enjoy it!, but feel free to suggest ideas to improve my
> work!..
>
> Best wishes.
>
> http://www.nixbox.com.ar/sur.mp3
>
> Juan

Hmmm,

Well in the first place I congratulate you on your piano playing. It is
clearly an instrument you are comfortable with.

However, in this piece it seems to me to be too upfront. Also the other
parts don't (to me) seem to fit comfortably together. Sometimes they
almost interrupt each other.

--
Will J G