[linux-audio-user] [admin] spam handling on the linux-audio-* lists

Joern Nettingsmeier nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de
Sun Aug 13 04:32:54 EDT 2006

hi everyone!

just fyi, the amount of spam in the moderation queues has risen to such
an extent that the server admin, douglas repetto of columbia university,
has implemented an auto-clear function for the queues.

that means: if your message is not forwarded to the list, it will be
dead, gone and forgotten. this happens either if you are using a
non-subscribed address to post (regardless of whether you are subscribed
with another account, even if it's in the same domain, i.e. if
j at example.com is legitimate, j at dork.example.com will bounce), or if
mailman determines you are posting html.

due to a misunderstanding, this auto-nuking has been active on
linux-audio-announce as well for the past couple of days. so if you
tried to get an announcement out, please resend - the old one went
straight to the bit bucket.

regards,

jörn

--
jörn nettingsmeier

home://germany/45128 essen/lortzingstr. 11/
http://spunk.dnsalias.org
phone://+49/201/491621

if you are a free (as in "free speech") software developer
and you happen to be travelling near my home, drop me a line
and come round for a free (as in "free beer") beer. :-D