[linux-audio-user] 64-bit AMD dual core mobo recommendations ?

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Sun Aug 13 10:48:56 EDT 2006

lanas wrote:

>  Recently there was a thread about a AMD64 setup but there was no
>clear mention of specific mobos that Simply Works.  So I'd like to have
>recommendations from folks who actually are running successfully an AMD
>dual-core processor.
>[snip]

Hi Al:

  FWIW I've acquired a new mobo, a Gigabyte K8N51GMF. The CPU is already
installed, an Athlon 64 3800 socket 939. I plan to install the board
tomorrow, I'll notify the list when  the job's done.

  My MSI board was dead on arrival. It got good reviews from users, but
mine was a show-stopper.

Best,

dp