[linux-audio-user] auto-track splitting (gramofile replacement)

carmen _ at whats-your.name
Sun Aug 13 18:53:04 EDT 2006

On Sun Aug 13, 2006 at 04:03:55PM -0600, Bearcat M. Sandor wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> I have a number of files that were transcribed from records. One side of the
> record equals one wav file.  I used to use gramofile to split them up.
> Gramofile simply searched for the quiet passages and broke up the tracks,
> based on user preferences.
>
> Gramofile is no-more and my system has advanced to the point where gramofile
> is broken and i cannot recompile it.
>
> Is there another app that does the same thing (or can do it) and is still
> active. Command line or gui makes no difference, but i have a preference for
> qt/kde, though gtk based is ok.

this maybe (havent tried it):

*  media-sound/gwc
      Latest version available: 0.21.05-r1
      Latest version installed: 0.21.05-r1
      Size of downloaded files: 2,049 kB
      Homepage:    http://gwc.sourceforge.net/
      License:     GPL-1

personalyl i just use a wave editor / DAW with fast zooming, set markers on all the gaps, then  file->save marked segments as files or wahtever. works in Samplitude and Wavelab anyways, and presumably at least one of the few dozen linux wave editors