[linux-audio-user] 64-bit AMD dual core mobo recommendations ?

Stephen Hassard steve at hassard.net
Mon Aug 14 11:49:29 EDT 2006

Thomas Ilnseher wrote:
> 2) partially supported: ATi up to R9800XT. this one is faster than
> recent Intel gfx. i don't know about the state of this driver either.
> those radeons are both AGP only.

I've managed to get managed DRI acceleration on my ATI X800XL
PCI-Express. These are supported by the most recent Xorg and kernel.
I've had success with Xorg 7.0 (using EXA) and the newest 2.6.18-rc4
kernel. Mind you, performance is still quite pathetic, getting a tiny
fraction of what you might expect out of a fancy fairly recent card. 2D
speed is quite fast, but not as good as the closed source nvidia drivers.

It will be nice to seed how the Xorg radeon driver matures for the X800
cards.

later,
Steve