[linux-audio-user] Re: so.... u wish to hear something completely horrible

Loki Davison loki.davison at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 08:36:29 EDT 2006

On 8/16/06, Hartmut Noack <zettberlin at linuxuse.de> wrote:

> Patrick Shirkey schrieb:
>
> >> So if the there is probability, that single persons act uncivilized,
> >> the whole civilisation is a naive dream?
> >>

> > This makes no sense to me. Please explain.
>

> You state, that to respect authorship is naive/nonsense/pointless
> because there are so many people out there, that do not care for it.
>
> right?
>

> >> Again: there are more methods that those,
> >> that incorporate published recordings of others, to make music.
> >>

> > And your point is ....?
>
> You speak of "artists" as if  *every* artist or at least
>  a vast majority of musicians needs samples to make music.
> Yet it is so, that the vast majority of music being made does not
> incorporte such material.

Do you people ever shut up? I'm bumming around at home looking for
something exciting in my email and all i get is this mindless drivel.
Time for a new direction please!

In other topics, i've put flat wound strings on my bass and damn do
they sound fantastic. Anyone else using flatwounds?

Also been listening to a lot of J J Cale, and he has some mighty fine
tracks. Cocaine and the rest covered by clapton are great, as is crazy
mama and tons of others. Somewhat like John Mayall's decent albums but
good all the time. Great stuff.

Loki