[linux-audio-user] Re: Commercial audio software on Linux

carmen _ at whats-your.name
Sat Aug 19 13:23:51 EDT 2006

> bare Waveeditor should be as powerfull as.... say - Samplitude at least.
> For a native Linux-Samplitude i would maybe even pay about 100,- Euros
> or so (though I think, that magix sells them for about 400....).

they sell a Samplitude for linux? pretty much every item on my list that no linux DAW has, is from Samplitude (Ableton Live covers the same ground, with a prettier GUI, and possibly lacking the transparent realtime source format conversion), i'd definitely pay to upgrade my copy to Linux if there was a version available, since it will be 3-7 years before ardour has all the conveniences, in my estimation, based on the fact that its currently at the point where Mac/Win DAWs were around 1999...in every way except a few strong points like being open source, and supporting JACK..