[linux-audio-user] Re: Commercial audio software on Linux

Rob lau at kudla.org
Sat Aug 19 15:02:23 EDT 2006

On Sat August 19 2006 14:21, Jan Depner wrote:
>     Qt is much better than wxWidgets.  Unfortunately, for your
> use in a closed source package, you'd have to pay for the

Qt may be "better", but at this point it would require a
rewrite.... if you look at his original post, it includes a
screenshot of a working Windows version.

wx is free, even for proprietary software, and lets you write
Windows and Mac ports with native UI's.  Qt may let you do those
things, and I personally much prefer it over wx for my own
coding, but it would not only cost him like $1100, it would
require he rewrite his app a second time.

Rob