[linux-audio-user] Single track wave editors (was Re: Commercial audio software on Linux)

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Sun Aug 20 08:00:44 EDT 2006

Chris McCormick wrote:

>What single track wave editors are you guys using? I use sweep when I
>want to do simple wave editing of recorded samples, but I'm curious
>about what others I might not have heard about.

Hi Chris:

I've been a mad fan of Snd for many years, but recently I've been
calling up ReZound for bread & butter edits. I like the GUI, edit
operations are reasonably quick even on my 800 MHz machine, and it
supports JACK and LADSPA. Btw, most of my edits are simple, i.e. trim
excess silence, muting noisy areas, normalizing, adding reverb, etc. I'm
not straining the program.

Btw, it appears that ReZound development is on hiatus. AFAICT there's
been no work on it since last year. :(

Best,

dp