[linux-audio-user] 64-bit AMD dual core mobo recommendations ?

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 21:09:09 EDT 2006

> My vendor had to install a beta BIOS in order to get ethernet working on
> Ubuntu 6.06.

Sounds like a problem with the Kernel Ubuntu uses, Ill have to check it
sometime as I certainly didnt do this and got a K8WE right when they
were released.  My ethernet is working fine with the forcedeth driver,
though I havent tested it at gigabit speeds yet.

For the record I only have a single chip in it now, looking to upgrade
to twin dual cores, but works great for me with an NVidia card and RME
HDSP 96/32, <3mS latency with no problems, I could probably push it
farther but dont really have a need to.

        Seablade