[linux-audio-user] Interesting Linux audio software (ReBirth clone?)

Drucer Ninetynine drucer99 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 21 12:35:19 EDT 2006

--- Dave Phillips <dlphillips at woh.rr.com> wrote:

> IIRC Propellerheads sent a nice message to the
> author and told him to
> cease & desist. Note that the binary dates from
> three years ago. I'm
> curious to learn whether this bundle has David
> Singer's approval.

Quite interesting! But I bet this Linux software would
be useful to many. I wonder if it could be "liberated"
now that Propellerheads have released ReBirth to
public as free download. As Greg Wilder pointed, you
can download it for free at:

http://www.rebirthmuseum.com/

I think it would be crazy if Propellerheads would not
allow the Linux clone to exist now. Should we
investigate whether or not it would be possible to
have Propellerheads software blessing for this Linux
port now? This seems like a too good piece of audio
software to be lost forever. I mean it would be
really, really sad.