[linux-audio-user] M-Audio Delta 1010LT - Alsa 1.0.11 - only Output on ch1 and 2

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Wed Aug 23 03:17:32 EDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-23 at 09:08 +0200, Jörg Ackerstaff wrote:

> you're absolutely right - the card is made for recording, but the
> point
> is, that
> the problem is new since alsa 1.0.11. So why do they changed that? It
> works with an older
> kernel and alsa 1.0.10 ...

I'm sure the change in behavior was not intentional.  Anytime an ALSA
upgrade breaks things, it's considered a bug.

First, please try to reproduce the problem with "aplay file.wav".  XMMS
is a little too complex to be useful for debugging.

Can you use ALSA Hg sources to track down the exact change that broke
it?

Lee