[linux-audio-user] Beginner singing, music theory (guitar) and ear training, solfege?

Brad Fuller brad at sonaural.com
Wed Aug 23 22:50:42 EDT 2006

Loki Davison wrote:
> G'day all,
> I'm keen on learning to sing in my now extensive spare time. Anyone
> now of any good books or sites aimed at beginner singers?
>
> I'm also wondering if doing some ear training stuff would be good. I'm
> mostly interested in improving my guitar playing but i'm guessing this
> would really help over all. Should i use GNU solfege for ear training?
> Is there a good intro for beginners somewhere? guitarnoise.com is the
> most useful stuff i've found so far. Anyone know a good book on any of
> these topics? If possible focused towards guitar, music theory, ear
> training, etc and not one of those horrible school music style method
> books. I have no interest in sing mary has a little lamb. ;)
>
> Loki

berklee press search yields:

http://berkleepress.com/catalog/product-search?original_url=%2fdomains%2fberkleepress%2fproduct%2dsearch&url_hash=765%201156387751%204BAEA2F3AA182540015DD6F4C775067E09432C07&search_text=ear%20training

(if the URL is too long, go to berkleepress.com and search on ear training)

--
brad fuller
sonaural: www.sonaural.com