[linux-audio-user] Single track wave editors (was Re:Commercialaudio software on Linux)

carmen _ at whats-your.name
Thu Aug 24 17:35:48 EDT 2006

On Fri Aug 25, 2006 at 06:43:33AM +1000, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
> carmen wrote:
>
> > i wouldnt bother, Rezound and Sweep always crash on x86_64 as
> > soon as you start using them, if you even manage to compile it.
> > i maen a crash as soon as you select a piece of the wave, or
> > press play, or open a file.
>
> Did you let the authors know?
>
> I'm on the sweep mailing lists and I hadn't heard of any crashing
> problems on x86_64. If the developers aren't informed, how are
> they ever going to know unless they get their hands on a machine?

ive mentioned it a few times on #lad when people were discussing one of the two. i dont see a reason to expend effort to make to _more_ free wave editors work right when one already does :)

in general it was brokenness related to connecting to jack/alsa (eg hear a blip of sound then crash), opening weird files such as wav64 or aiff, and silly wx/gtk/qt slightly-different-version induced things. iow, not too exciting, but enough to stop the show..

that, and that obnoxious 'paper-clip guy' thing. wtf!