[linux-audio-user] Single track wave editors (was Re:Commercialaudio software on Linux)

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 20:03:00 EDT 2006

>> in general it was brokenness related to connecting to jack/alsa
>> > (eg hear a blip of sound then crash), opening weird files such as
>> > wav64 or aiff,
>
> So which program was that; Rezound or Sweep?

That probably would have been rezound, which by the way has been fixed,
and has been fixed for quite some time.  So not only are you trash
talking software that you havent reported the bugs on, but you are doing
so on bugs that had been fixed and a patch availiable for quite a while.

>> > and silly wx/gtk/qt slightly-different-version induced things.
>
> Again, Rezound or Sweep? Specifics?

Since Rezound used FOX before and is in the process of being ported to
QT, I would wager a strong guess this is Sweep that is being referred to
here.

> So, free software developers have devoted hundreds or thousands
> of hours working for love on these creations and you can't be
> bothered spending 10 minutes on a decent bug report?????

But can spend that time making fun of it instead...

> ive mentioned it a few times on #lad when people were discussing one of the two. i dont see a reason to expend effort to make to _more_ free wave editors work right when one already does  :)

Because some people enjoy having the choice, and dont agree that your
wave editor is the best for them.  Glad to know that because alsaplayer
works, there is no reason that anyone might want to use a different one.

           Seablade