[linux-audio-user] jackd acts weird

Martin Wohlleben martin.wohlleben at gmx.de
Fri Aug 25 16:08:49 EDT 2006

Hello,

I tried kluppe on current realtime-audio setups and it didn't work fine
anymore (one year ago on SuSE 9.1 it was running on the same
computer/souncard config at smallest available buffersizes without any
problems)
Now, the only possibility to get it working with jack is to increase the
buffer size to 1024 samples or more.
You should check if kluppe is still conncted to jack after starting  (e.g.
with qjackctl - if it's still connected after start-up you should see
kluppe's channels).
I tried kluppe under Agnula-Demudi and Gentoo with rt-patched kernels and
rt-privileges, so it seems to be a problem of kluppe or some other new
libraries used by it.
Jackd seems to run ok, because other apps like ardour, sooperlooper, jamin or
Rosegarden are still running fine at small buffers (64-128 samples).
I didn't use terminatorX yet, so I can't say if it is the same for me.

regards
Martin