[linux-audio-user] Audio quality

lanas lanas at securenet.net
Fri Aug 25 21:43:39 EDT 2006

Folks,

  I've decided to go with 'making sounds using the Linux box' vs.
hardware synths.  What I've heard so far is quite good.

  So, the box is making the sounds.  Now, the hardware output of that
box should be quite good, not ?  It's useless to have 512-bit (!) sound
quality if the actual output to the speakers is crappy (notwhitstanding
the quality of said speakers).

  Thus, what are the recommended sound cards out there (since there are
no other way, right ?) to output the nice high-res samples produced by
the Linux box ?

Cheers,
Al