[linux-audio-user] Audio quality

Tracey Hytry shakti at bayarea.net
Wed Aug 30 02:07:22 EDT 2006

 -----
> Little soldering and I have 2-mono-jacks -> 1-stereo-jack-plug cable.

Try adding series resistors in your jig above.  Start with 1K ohm on each of the channels.
Mess around adding different resistor values between the card and your headphones until it sounds better.
A higher value of series resistor will make the phones sound better, but you will have to boost the volume then.  Optimum is earsplitting without clipping(you know the grind).

Tracey.