[linux-audio-user] output from jack as /dev/dspX

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 15:33:03 EST 2006

Dmitry Baikov wrote:

> Try oss2jack.
>
> http://fort2.xdas.com/~kor/oss2jack/

Ok, thanks. That seem to depend on fusd (not available on debian) so I
downloaded that and it won't make. So this is what I read in the README:

1- Make sure you're using a system running Linux 2.4.x.  Unfortunately,
there were some changes made in devfs in the later 2.5 (and 2.6 test)
kernels that make devfs incompatible with FUSD.  This hasn't been
resolved yet.

Hmmm. Does this mean that fusd and hence oss2jack is not possible on 2.6
kernel (which I naturally run)? Or did I miss something?

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte

http://www.atte.dk      | quintet:      http://www.anagrammer.dk