[linux-audio-user] output from jack as /dev/dspX

Dominic Sacré dominic.sacre at gmx.de
Sun Dec 3 15:51:56 EST 2006

On Sunday 03 December 2006 21:33, Atte André Jensen wrote:
> Hmmm. Does this mean that fusd and hence oss2jack is not possible on
> 2.6 kernel (which I naturally run)? Or did I miss something?

On the oss2jack site, there's a patched version of fusd (fusd-kor), that
should work for 2.6 kernels.
On recent kernels, since 2.6.18 I think, you'll also need to apply a patch
to remove the dependency on devfs, which can be found here:

http://lalists.stanford.edu/lau/2006/09/0727.html

Also, on my system fusd fails to create its devices for some reason,
although udev is setup correctly, as far as I can see. In case you've got
the same problem, just create the devices manually:

mkdir /dev/fusd
mknod /dev/fusd/control c 254 0
mknod /dev/fusd/status c 253 0
chown root.audio /dev/fusd/*