[linux-audio-user] Barenaked Ladies new release - downloadable, in FLAC, no copy protection

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Tue Dec 5 06:39:01 EST 2006

On Tuesday 05 December 2006 10:38, Frank Barknecht was like:
> > And then, since at least 10 years now, Phish always let concert goers
> > record live shows (they had special front rows to do so) and distribute
> > the recordings all around no problemo.  Maybe more bands should be doing
> > that.
>
> Grateful Dead anyone? They even sent a former member to fight for your
> right to the EFF. ;)

Goes without saying, Phish are all DeadHeads aren't they? Shame all the
SoundBoard recordings got pulled, but the Dead have still probably put out
more free recordings than anyone and really promoted the idea. It's a great
proof of concept even if you can't stand their music. I'm currently studying
the early '80's, the two year period between Brent Mydland joining and Jerry
getting back into smack produced some awesome gigs by anyone's standards.
--
cheers,

tim hall
http://glastonburymusic.org.uk/tim
We are the people We've been waiting for.