[linux-audio-user] jack things please

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Tue Dec 5 09:52:21 EST 2006

On Tue, December 5, 2006 12:53, Robin Gareus wrote:

> Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
>
>> On Tue, December 5, 2006 05:30, we are wrote:
>>
>>> i have been using qjackctl 0.2.2.21
>>>
>>> could someone suggest why the iconify button has disappered.
>>>

>> that seems to be an idiosyncrasy of your specific window manager.
>
> sorry for hiJACKing the thread..
>
> I experience some annoying behavior with qjackctl 0.2.21 Qt3.3.7 + gnome
> + metacity (debian/sid). anyone else too?
>

> I've "enabled system try icon" and "keep child windows always on top"
> in qjackctl settings.

Yes, the "keep child windows always on top" option is the one you can
tweak and try whether your particular WM sits confortably with qjackctl
widgets or not.

You can also try the latest CVS HEAD (qjackctl 0.2.21.1) where I've just
added some missing hint that can have some impact thru the WM.

OTOH please note that I'm a KDE believer, where everything works
deterministically ;) unfortunately I have no time nor patience to test and
run with anything else.

Cheers.
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela