[linux-audio-user] Thesis: Playing and making music

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Sun Dec 10 20:13:13 EST 2006

On Sun, Dec 10, 2006 at 03:47:11PM -0500, Rob wrote:
> In the end, the two fields of endeavor are just different, even
> if some of the basic skills may appear similar.  Video games may
> have more in common with music than, say, a real life game of
> basketball, but I think the thought processes are still closer
> to sport than art.

Well I guess I should plug my project 'ergates' which is at a pretty
early (but playable) stage. It's a game-like audiovisual synthesiser
created in Puredata, using Gem.

http://mccormick.cx/projects/ergates/

Basically you use a USB gamepad to jam weird noises and visuals. If
anyone wants to contribute instruments to this project I would be really
happy!

Best,

Chris.

chris at mccormick.cx