[linux-audio-user] Attracting more Linux audio developers

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 01:20:16 EST 2006

I think the only thing that keeps people from using Linux for audio
work is the interfaces of the programs, and to a lesser extent that of
the OS.  That's the only thing that is added with each new blockbuster
version of the commercial apps.  A few algorithms here and there is
nothing special.  It's the ability to have half of this pane and half
of that, or edit two things at once, or hide tracks, or add nodes to
an envelope superimposed over the track, that makes people's work time
more efficient.

Actually I lied: the other thing keeping people from using Linux for
serious audio work is that there's no one to yell at when something
doesn't work.

--
"Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to
work hard at work worth doing."