[linux-audio-user] EQ settings for enhanced presence

Ismael Valladolid Torres ivalladolidt at terra.es
Mon Dec 11 09:41:55 EST 2006

I'd like to use a song as the ringtone for my mobile. The song is
"Moonriver" by Henry Mancini as sang by Audrey Hepburn herself in one
of the sequences of that lovely "Breakfast at Tiffany's".

But it's not certainly a noisy song so to make sure I can hear
somebody calling in more or less noisy environments, I am trying to
use Audacity in order to equalize the sound so it has enhanced
presence.

Usually preset sounds in mobile phones are heavily equalized so they
stand out in a noisy environment when the phone rings.

I've enhanced a bit the 200-400 Hz band supposing there's the "body"
of the vocal sound. Then I've enhanced 3 KHz to give a bit more
clarity and 8 KHz so voice sounds a bit "hotter". Result is more or
less ok, but I wonder...

What EQ settings would you use to enhance presence of music/voices in
order to use a sound as a ringtone?

Cordially, Ismael
--
Ismael Valladolid Torres