[linux-audio-user] -ck patches

Josh Lawrence hardbop200 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 18:01:17 EST 2006

Hello all,

I've noticed (and been a small part of) many discussions over the past
couple of months regarding using Ingo's patches for realtime
preemption.  However I've seen no discussion about Con Kolivas'
patches, which I know are used on some systems.  Is anyone using these
patches?  If so, what has to be done in order to get a working audio
system going using them?  For example:  When using Ingo's patches on
Debian, one has to build/install the kernel, install the appropriate
patched libpam modules, and make an entry in /etc/security/limits.conf
for members of the audio group.  Do the last two steps still apply
with a -ck kernel?

--
Josh Lawrence
http://www.hardbop200.com