[linux-audio-user] Thesis: Playing and making music

Rob lau at kudla.org
Mon Dec 11 22:26:16 EST 2006

On Monday 11 December 2006 20:48, Chris McCormick wrote:
> around, you will find that most of the games are not about
> killing. This is especially skewed for some consoles (such as
> Gamecube or DS) because companies like Nintendo tend to steer
> away from such content and you will find no killing whatsoever
> in any of the games for those systems.

This is another common misconception; the existence of games like
Splinter Cell and Resident Evil for Nintendo's consoles doesn't
get a lot of notice because Nintendo's own games never go above
a T rating, but they're there.

But yeah, it's been a while since I played a straight-up good vs.
evil game.  I bet I've played Animal Crossing (a game with a
higher-than-average musical component, actually) more this past
year than any other game.

Assuming that videogames all have the same shallow theme is kind
of like assuming that all "Heavy Metal, New Age" music will
cause you "to lose the only way to Salvation."  It contributes
nothing to the debate and it makes the holder of the assumption
look like a loon.

Rob