[linux-audio-user] Re: Attracting more Linux audio developers

Loki Davison loki.davison at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 19:28:28 EST 2006

On 12/13/06, Ivica Ico Bukvic <ico at vt.edu> wrote:
> > Also, how many professional musicians use PC hardware in performance?
> > The only ones I've been close enough to see on stage (Al Dimeola, for
> > instance) use Mac.
>
> Based upon your statements, I'd say your exposure to on-stage performances
> with computers has been rather limited.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Ico

Maybe it's very style specific. In the prog/breaks/house style of
electronic dance stuff i've seen about 50 people perform with a
computer and so far about 49 are mac. I have however seen 1 Linux
machine, in the early days of Final Scratch by stanton, when it was
only for linux. This isn't counting Linux conf or me ;) I've seen
performances in other styles using Windoze machines, and it's been a
while since i've seen many computer performances.

Loki